What does EcoControl certify?
NATRUE is the strictest standard, as minimum proportions of natural raw materials for natural cosmetics must be proven in the certified products. The standard uses three quality levels. The most experienced natural cosmetics manufacturers use this standard, see our customer page. NATRUE is included in the BNN assortment list. For more information, visit: www.natrue.org
Must be produced from organically grown, certified agricultural products (including wild-collected) that are not food or feed or processed into such (with the exception of pet food).
The following standards are accepted as the basis for certification of agricultural raw materials:
Organic Regulation (EEC) 2018/848, the Swiss Organic Regulation, and all standards recognized as equivalent (all standards from the IFOAM family).
The National Organic Program (NOP)
Japanese Agricultural Standards (JAS) for organic plants
Codex Alimentarius Guidelines for organic production
All organic standards under the umbrella of IFOAM (e.g. Naturland, Demeter, Bioland, Soil Association, Bio Suisse)
EcoControl certifies the ecological quality of the product (e.g. the essential oil) based on the ecological raw material qualities (e.g. EG BIO) and the manufacturing processes (either natural according to ISO 9235 or aroma regulation).
Permissible methods for processing the plant material are: physical extraction,CO2 extraction, steam extraction, oily extracts, alcoholic extracts. If other extraction agents are used, they must be explicitly noted on the certificate.
For more information, visit: www.natrue.org/de/our-standard/certification-process-step-step/
Natural Cosmetic Standard (NCS)
The standard without percentage calculation, without association and with the lowest label usage fees. The Natural Cosmetic Standard is included in the BNN assortment list.
For more information, visit: https://gfaw.eu/ncs/
Nature Care Product Standard (NCPS)
The standard for natural products that are not food or cosmetics, such as cleaning products. The Nature Care Product Standard is included in the BNN assortment list.
For more information, visit: https://gfaw.eu/ncp/
Cosmetics Good Manufacturer Practice
Certified Sustainable Economics (CSE)
The cross-sector quality seal CSE distinguishes products that are manufactured by companies that operate in a certified near-sustainable manner. The CSE standard is regularly reviewed and continuously developed.
For more information, visit: https://gfaw.eu/leistungen/cse-zertifizierung/
- Send us a request through our form
- Based on this information you will receive a cost estimate
- We also send already without obligation the relevant contracts
- You receive our software package, with which you register your recipes with us for evaluation upon conclusion of the contract.
- After signing the contract you will receive a mandate key for secure data transfer via software
- We check your formulations on the basis of the information provided and quality proofs for the ingredients according to the standard specifications
- You will receive an assessment report with any missing information or evidence
- If everything is compliant, you will receive the final report and the products will be proposed for certification
- In case of NATRUE certification, the products are placed in the NATRUE database
- The cosmetic products or raw materials assessed as compliant are certified
- in case of initial certification, you will receive a provisional certificate with a 6-month validity period
- The audit is planned (in case of initial audit within 6 months after certification or start of marketing of the products)
- When raw materials have been evaluated in the recognition process, they receive the certificate of recognition
- The assigned auditor schedules the audit with them
- The audit is announced by us and the audit contents are briefly explained again
- the audit includes primarily the verification of the formulation, traceability and quality evidence
- An audit report and possibly a table of measures for the correction of deviations summarize the audit
- Before the certificate expires, we ask them if the products should be re-certified
- For re-certification, we check whether the standard has changed in the meantime and the recipe still meets the requirements
- If YES, a new certificate is created
- If NO, the evaluation process starts all over again
With the help of the Sculpture software, you can register the formulations of your natural cosmetics for evaluation and certification for the NATRUE seal. In the following video we will show you the step-by-step operation of the software.